Heat Pumps in Avery County & Watauga County
Air Source & Geothermal Heat Pumps
Heat pumps provide heating and air conditioning in one system, for an energy-efficient alternative to a furnace and central air conditioning system. High-efficiency systems provide greater comfort and dehumidification and use less energy. Avery Heating & Air Conditioning, LLC provides installation and service for air source and geothermal heat pumps in Avery County and Watauga County.
If you are interested in a heat pump, call (828) 548-1555 for more information and a free estimate.
Types of Pumps
While there are different types of heat pumps, they all work in a similar way and have the ability to both warm and cool your home. In heating mode, heat is transferred from outdoors to warm the inside of your home. In the cooling mode, the system reverses direction to move the heat from indoors out of your home and returns cooled air into the house. How this heat is transferred varies, depending on the type of heat pump.
The three types of heat pumps include:
- Air source heat pumps – Air source heat pumps are the most common. These models use the exterior air temperature to transfer heat.
- Geothermal heat pumps – Geothermal systems use the stable temperature of the earth at depths below six feet.
- Ductless mini-split systems – A ductless mini-split works like an air source heat pump to warm and cool specific areas of the house
Our HVAC specialists can advise you of the options for heat pumps in Avery County and Watauga County, help you compare systems, and provide a free quote for your heat pump installation. We offer high-quality, energy-efficient heat pumps from Lennox for optimal quality, performance, and energy efficiency.
Geothermal Heat Pumps
Geothermal heat pumps are also known as ground source heat pumps. If you are looking for the best in energy efficiency and environmentally friendly heating and cooling, a geothermal system may be the right choice for your home. Geothermal heating and cooling is a green, energy-efficient method of heating and cooling your home, reducing energy usage, and lowering energy bills.
Geothermal heat pumps are:
- Among the most energy-efficient heating and cooling systems
- Designed to use the steady temperature of the earth as renewable energy
- Up to 44% more energy efficient than air source heat pumps
- As much as 72% more efficient than electric resistance heating
- More durable and longer-lasting than air source heat pumps
In addition, some geothermal systems are also designed to heat water, so you can enjoy heat, air conditioning, and hot water from one system. We offer geothermal heat pumps in Avery County and Watauga County for new construction and retrofit applications.
Heat Pump Repair & Maintenance
All heating and cooling equipment benefits from regular preventative maintenance, including heat pumps. We offer annual inspections and tune-ups for all brands and models of air source heat pumps, geothermal heat pumps, and ductless mini-split systems. If a problem arises with your existing equipment, give us a call for fast and reliable repair service.
A Great Team!- Eric V.
Patient and Helpful!- Ryan F.
We couldn't be more pleased!- Stan S.
Very impressed with the service!- Barbara O.G.
Offering Customized Solutions to Solve your Problem
24-Hour Heating & Air Conditioning Repair
Helping Over 45 Years-Worth of Loyal Customers
Constantly Training to Provide the Ultimate Experience