Avery County & Watauga County AC Maintenance
Our HVAC Specialists Improve Comfort & Lower Energy Costs
Air conditioning systems provide years of reliable home comfort in the hottest months of the year. Neglecting regular maintenance can result in a decline in performance and expensive repairs. Avery Heating & Air Conditioning, LLC provides AC maintenance in Avery County and Watauga County from licensed and NATE certified technicians. We recommend scheduling your maintenance service before the summer arrives.
Call (828) 548-1555 today to schedule your AC maintenance in Avery County or Watauga County.
Thorough AC System Cleaning
AC problems are often caused by a buildup of dirt, dust, and debris in the system. Our technicians know where dirt and dust tend to collect in air conditioning systems. Cleaning is an important part of our Avery County and Watauga County AC maintenance service. We pay attention to the places where dirt collects to keep your system clean and functioning at peak efficiency.
Our technicians take the time to clean the:
- Air filters – The air filter removes dust and particulates from the air to keep the evaporator coil clean and improve air quality. The filters may be reusable or replaceable, depending on the system. We can make sure you are using the right filter and that it is clean.
- Condenser and evaporator coils – The condenser coil is located in the outdoor unit and every air handler has an evaporator coil. When dirt collects on the coils and fins, your AC system must work harder and the cooling capacity is reduced by as much as 30%. Our technicians know how to properly clean the coils and fins to prevent damage.
- Condensate drain – The AC system cools the house and removes humidity from the air. The water condenses from the air and into the condensate drain. A clog or obstruction can cause a backup. We inspect and clean the condensate drain.
- Duct system – Leaky ducts diminish AC system performance by as much as 40% and reduce indoor air quality. We check for leaks and provide leak sealing and insulation services, if necessary.
In between maintenance visits, you can help keep your AC system clean by paying attention to the filters. You should be changing or cleaning the filters regularly, depending on the type of filters your system uses. This reduces dirt buildup in the system and improves performance. Our technicians can ensure that you are using the right size and provide tips for replacing or cleaning the filter.
Detailed Inspections & Maintenance
Your AC maintenance in Avery County and Watauga County will be performed by our highly trained and knowledgeable NATE certified technicians. Our HVAC technicians have the training, product knowledge, and tools to provide maintenance for all air conditioning system brands and models. We carefully inspect all components of your system to make sure everything is performing reliably.
Our experienced HVAC technicians will:
- Check the refrigerant level
- Inspect for leaks
- Measure airflow through the evaporator coil
- Check belts and replace, when necessary
- Check thermostat sensor
- Inspect and oil the motors
- Examine electrical wires, clean terminals, and tighten connections, if needed
- Locate and seal any leaks in the ductwork
If your air conditioner needs more than a cleaning and tune-up, we can identify problems early and fix them before the problem becomes bigger and more costly. We offer honest, reliable service and won’t recommend anything that is not absolutely needed.
Navigating North Carolina's Climate: A Guide to HVAC Systems
Prepping Your HVAC Unit for Storms
Ways to Prevent Expensive Repairs on Your HVAC System
Signs Your AC Needs Repair
5 Ways to Cut Back on AC Costs
Good Indoor Air Quality Benefits Your HVAC System
How Do You Troubleshoot a Heating System?
Why Has Your Home's Heat Pump Become Frosted Over?