Heating & Cooling Costs in Avery County and Watauga County
Providing Insight for Customers Throughout North Carolina & Tennessee
According to ENERGY STAR®, nearly half of a typical household’s total energy expenses go toward heating and cooling. On top of that, replacing or installing a new HVAC system might seem overwhelming and expensive at first.
Understanding the factors that go into HVAC installation and operation costs will help you make the right decision for your home. Avery Heating & Air Conditioning, LLC is skilled in a wide variety of heating and cooling systems, and we want to help you achieve comfort and energy efficiency by finding you the right system.
If you want to learn more about how we can reduce your energy bills, call us at (828) 548-1555 today. We proudly serve customers in Avery County and Watauga County.
What Factors Will Determine the Cost of Your New HVAC System?
There are many things to consider if you're planning to install a new heating or cooling system or replace an old one. Balancing out these variables will help you come up with a price you're comfortable paying – not only for the immediate replacement or installation job but also for your future energy bills.
- Type of system. It should go without saying that different heating and cooling systems have variable energy sources, styles, sizes, and levels of complexity that will in part determine their cost. An attic fan should cost less than a central air system, for example. However, there are several trade-offs to be made. For instance, geothermal heating may cost more upfront to install, but because it is an extremely efficient type of heating, it'll save you in the long run. Be sure to compare Energy Star certifications and SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) ratings to choose an efficient system, and consult your professional to determine what size system is appropriate for your home.
- Other upgrades. Need to have a new thermostat wired, or looking to change from a manual to a programmable thermostat? Features like these may increase the cost of your project. Other features might include HVAC systems with variable fan rates, zoning, dehumidifiers, air cleaners, and ventilators.
- Rebates. Most states have programs to reward homeowners for upgrading their heating or cooling units to more efficient models. Avery Heating & Air Conditioning will help you determine if your project is eligible for any rebates that will defray the cost of installation.
- Labor. A primary factor that will affect the initial cost of an HVAC project is labor. The longer it takes to get the job done, the more expensive it will be. Other aspects of a labor cost include size, placement, and number of parts, and ventilation and duct concerns. Avery Heating & Air Conditioning always charges fair prices for our services and discusses these with you upfront.
- Insulation, air sealing, and ductwork. Even if you've chosen an affordable, efficient model, the best heating or cooling system in the world will cost you more money if your home is lacking insulation. This is because your HVAC will have to work overtime to try to get the air to the right temperature. Our professionals can assist in performing air sealing tests, installing insulation, and fixing your ducts, ensuring long-term energy savings.
Schedule an Estimate Today
No matter what energy services your home is in need of, Avery Heating & Air Conditioning, LLC can show you the best way to save on heating and cooling costs and improve home comfort.
Contact us today to set up an estimate in Avery County, Watauga County, and areas nearby!
A Great Team!- Eric V.
Patient and Helpful!- Ryan F.
We couldn't be more pleased!- Stan S.
Very impressed with the service!- Barbara O.G.
Offering Customized Solutions to Solve your Problem
24-Hour Heating & Air Conditioning Repair
Helping Over 45 Years-Worth of Loyal Customers
Constantly Training to Provide the Ultimate Experience